Thursday, October 1, 2009

An Amazing Journey


I wanted to share my thoughts on the journey that I just experienced reading "The Shack". Several weeks ago, a FB friend posted about the most amazing book she had just read. I happened to be at Barnes & Noble that very same day, and funny enough this was the first book that caught my eye as I roamed the store. I had no idea what the book was about, and certainly had no indication of how my life and spirit would be affected by reading the book. I was simply looking for a good book to read. I laugh to myself now, having read the book, and seeing that the most simple task brought an indescribable and unexpected joy to my life...a theme so prevalent throughout the story.
I do not want to go into any details of my experience. Not because I don't wish to share, but out of respect and hope of the experience you may too have if you choose to read this book.
I have experienced an awakening and path to self-revelation that I didn't ever believe or have faith in before. Who would have thought?
If you do decide to read this book, allow yourself some true solitude while reading. You will understand me later. Also, please contact me and I would love to discuss it with you one-on-one.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Kym Frankowski said...

I'm reserving it at the library today! I'll let you know when I read it, not sure how I'll find solitude though.... Excited to read it, thanks for the suggestion.