Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thankful WEEK!

Well, it's been just over a week since my big announcement, and I can tell you it's been a whirlwind of a time. In fact I can't believe it's only been 10-days! Probably because nowadays, I am working more hours then there are in a day, and life just is crazy as ever! But we're trying to work through it.

Today is a rough, roller-coaster of a day, so forcing myself to stop and think about the things I'm thankful for right now is a good exercise for me. I'm already starting to feel better! So here goes...

1) A weekend alone with Chris and Jaxon! - One of the biggest challenges with all that is going on in our lives, and with as much as I have had to travel these past three months, has been staying focused on "us". So I am so thankful that this past weekend Chris and I were able to have "just-us" focused weekend with Jaxon. We traveled to Layton on Saturday, catching dinner on the way! Then spent the night at the Holiday Inn Express! Jaxon was so excited to be at the hotel. Sunday morning we slept in and had nice leisure morning. We had a late lunch at Cracker Barrel!!! Chris and I love going there at Christmas time and looking at all the Christmas stuff. We did that for over an hour before we even ate! We agree that Cracker Barrel is "the Devil"! After lunch we headed to Disney On Ice! We had great seats and Jaxon had a total blast! It was a great weekend and I was so thankful that we had this time together!





2) Learning a new business! - Though life is crazy, crazy, crazy due to all this business with the band, it truly is something I am thankful for. My trip to LA was quick and crazy! But it was all worth it. Attending the after-party Monday night was completely surreal! It was great to interact with so many people who are in this wild business and who also love Twilight! Additionally, the team I'm working with is incredible. It is very exciting to take skills learned and combine them with the talents of so many individuals. I am thankful for all of the opportunities this adventure is bringing to my family and friends.

3) A "Diamond in the Rough!" - I have more than once mentioned how difficult work has been the past several months. So much that I have a hard time finding the drive to keep pushing forward. This past week I had an associate out from Atlanta and we had a pretty rough couple of days. But having her here, her support and friendship was what got me through. I am thankful to have some sense of sanity in this crazy business right now.




4) Twilight! Twilight! Twilight Premiere! - It's not secret that I've been waiting for this night for over a year now. And I was not disappointed at all. I know everyone will have their own opinion, but 70.6 Million dollars in the opening weekend speaks Loudly!!!!! For the evening, my Twilighter Sisters and I all dressed up in Black & Red and met up late in the evening for a fantastic Italian dinner at Mark Anthony's. We took our time at dinner and enjoyed ourselves and the food thoroughly!!!! We headed to the theatre about an hour before the movie started and took in all the Twilight Frenzy! The movie was incredible and I loved every last minute of it. Rob Pattinson was as good as I knew he would be! Seeing the movie three times that day was the best medicine I could ask for! Twilight has brought so much enjoyment to my life this past year and a half! I am so thankful for the fun and excitement it's brought to my family and friends!!!! And we get to do it for three more movies! YES!!!











5) The Upcoming Thanksgiving Holiday! - I am so thankful that this coming week is a short work week, and that we get to celebrate Thanksgiving once again! We only have Jaxon this year, and so Chris and I hope to have a nice, long and relaxing weekend alone again! I can't wait to have my family over for our traditional Thanksgiving dinner, games and whatever! I love the kick-off of the Holiday season, and I love having all of my family over for the event! I'm excited to get Christmas out and the house decorated...and I can't wait for Christmas shopping with Chris. I love this time of year and this past year has been such a trying one! I'm excited to just focus on my husband and kids and make this another great holiday season!

4 comments:

Tiffiny said...

Holy cow! Slow down! I guess you don't know the meaning of that phrase. Even your weekend alone with Chris and Jaxon was filled with events. Crazy girl! Have a great Thanksgiving and I am sure I will have some good stories to tell from my Thanksgiving!

Samantha said...

WOW! All i have to say is...i was skeptical but that Prom scene made me giggle and smile like a little girl!! LOVED IT!!!

Samantha said...

p.s. again I borrowed a picture..you still have my camera so forgive me! :)

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun while in Salt Lake City...thanks for making the trip great!!! Have an awesome Thanksgiving with your family and try not to work at any jobs over the break!