Thursday, November 13, 2008

Too Good to be True!!!!

Wow, I don't even know where to begin this blog! It's been a long time coming and it seems every day more and more happens that just makes this announcement all the more exciting for me! First I have to say thank you to everyone for playing along and being so patient. Whether you have posted your guesses online, via email, on Facebook, texting, or however, it's made this process even more fun for me! And I promise, I don't think you'll be disappointed with the end results! (Chris and I aren't at least!)

So here it goes! And funny enough, this post lands on a Thankful Thursday, which I haven't been able to do in a really long time; and today, I have a lot to be thankful about!

Why don't we start with some of the clues: 1) This is a life-changing opportunity for me; 2) Has to do with Twilight; 3) There was a line in Pink's song "So What!" that applied; 4) There was a connection to American Idol; 5) Has nothing to do with the Twilight Movie Premiere!

Now for some of the guesses:
1) I am going to run off with the lead singer of The Mitch Hansen Band and sell my wedding ring on the way to the next concert! (Nice!)
2) I am going to head up a CBS show based off of "Moonlight" (Oh I miss Mick!)
3) I am going to the Twilight Movie Premiere (There were lots of those!)
4) I am going to start a Edward Stalking Coven
5) I am going to Sing on American Idol (Clearly you people haven't heard me sing!)

The Truth!!!!! Are you ready???? (Just kidding!)

It goes something like this... About three months ago a friend of mine was perusing my blogs and noticed my recommendations made regarding The Mitch Hansen Band (Blog on April 27th) He called me up and asked me what I really thought about this group. Being the Twilight freak that I am, and well, I actually really loved the CD, I ranted and raved about it. Must have done a good job because it prompted my friend to make contact with Mitch Hansen. As it turned out Mitch produced his original CD all on his own out of his home was at the time unrepresented by a record label. And that's where my life has taken quite a drastic turn....

My announcement is that I am officially sharing partner in Harper Records and Harper Publishing. I have partnered with two incredibly talented gentleman here in the Salt Lake valley and we are now the acting record label owners of The Mitch Hansen Band. We have brought in a gentleman by the name of John Hancock who is a music producer who just finished production work on David Archuleta's album (Thus the American Idol reference) and his entire team to re-record an arrange a new CD for national publicatin and distribution.

My role over the past two months as been a plethra of managing the Public Relations, scheduling events, and acting as agent for the band. And as such, just this week I have secured an incredible alliance with a company known as TwiCon. TwiCon is the nations largest Event organizer for all Twilight related events. They will be holding a three-day convention in July in Dallas, Texas in which our band is going to be the headlining performing artist. Along with the actors from the movie, Stephenie Meyer, and so on, this is the Twilight event of the year.

To advertise this event, TwiCon is working with Summit Entertainment, the producers of the Twilight movie and this Monday, the 17th they are holding a Podcast in Los Angeles before the movie premiere. The PodCast will have all of the cast members (not to public knowledge to prevent mass frenzy) and the director of the movie. Additionally the marketing President of TwiCon will be on the panel and she will be announcing the confirmation of our band at the July Convention as well as the release of our album in three weeks!!!! Furthermore...We will be at the PodCast!
TwiCon and Summit are holding an after-Premiere party and WE WILL BE THERE MONDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!

I am beyond disbelief at this point at all that has come my way. Working in this industry has been a complete TRIP! Chris and I are trying to take this all in stride and of course we are not making any drastic changes to our lives as a result of anything. My partners and I all have been working on this "project" of our long hours into the night, every night for months now, and we know that one day it will all be worth it!

I have been blessed to meet some incredible people, first and foremost Mitch Hansen and Brent Cook. These two are so incredibly humble and I can't wait to share their talent, their story and their love for music with everyone. We will be posting pieces of their new album each week starting next week. So stay tuned. I would post some of it today, but we don't want it leaked! HA!!!!! (We know what happens when leakers get a hold of stuff! "Midnight Sun" anyone!)

I have posted new weblinks under "TWILIGHTERS WELCOME" to the Right side of my blog so that you can check out the events listed. Our Twilight Music Website and The Mitch Hansen Band website are all being completely redone and will be updated in the next couple of days. We have a huge contest going with the release of the CD!

Oh, speaking of contests...I said it would be worth it to participate in mine...

So after all the entries and all the patient waiting, Chris and I talked about it, and we felt, as did many of you, that the winner is Tiffiny! So Tiff, You will be joining the Band and I in July in Dallas at the TwiCon Convention. Check out the event sweetie! We're going to have one Hell of a Time!

Here are some photos from our photo shoot today that will be going in our press release on Monday! All except the one of Mitch and Cydnee. That's just the one she's taking to her 5th Grade class because her friends don't believe that her mom is managing "the band of Twilight!"

Enjoy!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! But how the hell were we supposed to guess that????

Mel Dawn said...

I'm so excited for you! Even though I've known about it from day one, I just love seeing how happy this makes you! I love ya!

Melita said...

Holy Cow Natalee that is so awesome. Wow I can't even believe that. It really is WOW that's all I can come up with. It is really cool and I don't think that I ever would've guessed that. :)

Brittany said...

This is so neat, wish you all the best. Sure wish I could have guesses and won, way to go Tiff (totally bugged :)

johnsonfamily said...

How exciting! Good Luck with your new adventure!!

Tiffiny said...

I echo Kym. . .How the Hell was I supposed to guess that?! That is crazy. Crazy cool, but crazy! Way to go! What a great experience it sounds like you are having. And thanks for awarding me the prize even though I was never even close! You are the best!

Jodi said...

I'm excited for you and your new adventure! Sounds really cool! And congrats, Tiff. You guys are going to have so much fun :)