Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Bad Day No More!

So it's 12:30 a.m. and technically it isn't "today" anymore, and I could say that yesterday was my "BAD" day, but I'm not in bed yet, so I'm going with that, and I'm still dealing with the here and now, and saying today was just one of those REALLY BAD DAYS. Monday started out rough at work and it carried itself over into the rest of my entire day today. EVERYTHING was just difficult, wrong, and extremely stressful. You know those days right? Those days when you are like, "Why was it exactly did I get out of bed today?" And then you remember the job, or the 15 kids (okay FIVE), the dumb dog that keeps running away, the laundry, the cleaning... oh wait, I'm still listing reasons why I should have stayed in bed. Right! Moving on...anyway, today just was not good. Jaxon found his way into my room around 4 AM again, I guess he's still adjusting to NOT being in the same room as me anymore, and of course a California King is Never big enough for you and your 4-yr old. So I was up early; even earlier than Chris I might add! So sleep deprivation didn't help my emotions today!



My work day started about 4.2 seconds after I turned on the computer and didn't stop until I had a meltdown around 6:00 this evening! At that point I had two very close co-workers talking me off a ledge and convincing me that "I'm valuable" and "All this is worth it" or something like that. But really all I wanted to do was watch American Idol, see who was kicked off DWTS, and play Guitar Hero with my little guy! So that's what I did!



How quickly my mood changed? Jaxon and I had ourselves quite the little competition going on. He "won" every time! Well not really, but I have to say the kid is really quite outstanding. He's almost better than his dad at the game! Ha! What a great stress reliever that was! Rock n' Rollin with Pookie! I love his little face and all the concentration he puts into it and how he taps his little foot with every strum of the guitar! You go dude! You rock!




As far as American Idol is concerned...Hi, can someone tell Syesha to put her shoes back on? She hasn't had any on since her first on-top-of-the-piano Broadway like performance, and she needs to put them back on. And Jason honey...it's time to go home. And while your packing up, can you take Brooke with you. I think three more weeks of just listening to the David's is FINE BY ME!!!!! Hmmm...I wonder who the Cole's are voting for????



My day was made happiest when a very close friend told me that I inspired her to start her own Blog. And she did an outstanding job! It was a big step for her. And knowing how much fun I'm having...I'm way excited for her. So thanks again Britt for pushing me and pushing me!



So now, I'm going to go to bed, having realized that today, though rough, well more than rough, ended quite nicely. And the reason is that what matters most has nothing to do with all that had me all upset in the first place. In the words of the wise Maxine..."In a hundred years this won't matter. It barely matters now." Hugs!

3 comments:

Mel Dawn said...

Dearest Nataroo....

You are very valuable! I love your blog. You have such a way with words and you really are an inspiration to me, always have been I might add.

I love you! We need to do lunch or dinner and a movie, or something!

Mel

Brittany said...

I have to say I agree with Mel I love your blog you are great with words. I love checking your blog all the time, even when I am getting dissed by someone I don't even know on my own sis-in-law's site about MY opinion on Edward. Love you! :)

Natalee said...

You go girl (Brit!)

As my favoritest sis-n-law that gives you special rights on my Blog to state your opinion (wrong as it may be about Edward) it is still YOUR opinion!

I Heart the sister-n-lawship more than anything...even Edward!

And Mel...Love your guts! Still waiting for my GNO!!!! Bring it on sister! Have your people, contact my people, you know the routine! ;-)