Friday, July 11, 2008

Thankful Thursday (Late Again!)

Yeah, so another grueling week at work prevented me from posting my "Thankful Thursdays" post...but oh well? Better late than never! :-) So here you go...



1) Baby Darcy! - So this past Tuesday, one of my dearest and closest friends gave birth to a beautiful baby Girl! All went well and both Mommy and Baby are doing great! I am so thankful for this blessing and sweet addition to Tiff's already precious brood! Welcome to the world Darcy...Aunt Nat loves you soooo much!





2) Redemption! - Yeah, so EW Weekly completely BLEW their cover this week with the picture of our Beloved Edward and Bella. I hated it, but I already discussed this point in my previous post. But what I do want to speak to is that the photographer clearly redeemed himself with the photos INSIDE the article. And for that I am soooo thankful! OME! I love him! I love him! I love him! The first photo is titled "Stormy Relationship", and the second photo is titled "Blood is Thicker than Water"







3) The Sistership! - So this afternoon I spent several hours online IM'ng with the Baby Sis and I am so thankful for our shared love of Twilight, aka EDWARD...but also HSM3!!!!! We had such a blast sending one another different YouTube links to different HSM3 clips, etc. And then switching right over to anything Twilight! We both love escaping to our little worlds, but it's always fun to share your obsessions with Blood! HA BLOOD! OME!







4) My Pookie! - So, truly I'm not sure just how thankful I am about this subject Matter, but I do know how thankful I am for my sweet little Jaxon! Just like any other parent I'm going through the "progressing to the next level" of behaviours, attitude, etc. that all parents do. But these two particular phases stand out with me because they are so endearing to me, and well, I hope I never forget them. When Jaxon first began talking, from the very beginning, I was always "Money". I remember the day so clearly when he lost that cuteness and innocence and actually began pronunciating his M's and moved up to "Mommy". I was crushed. Not that I don't like him calling me "Mommy" but that he was clearly getting older. Well I've now reached the point where hearing him call me "Mommy" is the most precious thing...because NOW he "just wants to call me MOM!" He's adorable in that he asks my permission to call me "Mom" instead of "Mommy", but man, it just makes him seem even older to call me "Mom". Another crushing moment! I hope we don't get to "Natalee" anytime soon! HA!





5) A great Holiday! - I previously discussed how much I love the 4th of July! Well I just wanted to provide a quick follow-up and share how great of a day it was for us. Jaxon and I spent the day together because Chris was unfortunately working...But Jaxon and I made the time go by! We received a surprise phone call from our dear friends Wayne & Maritza and they decided to join us for the Sandy City parade and Fireworks. Yipee! So as soon as Chris got home, we took off for the evening.







The weather was perfect since it was overcast. We arrived at Sandy City Hall just as the parade began. The Johnson clan was already there and had staked out our area! Funny enough, Jaxon wanted nothing to do with the parade. Instead, he just wanted to sit in his new chair. He was full of himself all night long just hanging out in "his brand new, so special chair!" Hilarious!








We spent the evening enjoying one another's company, and doing all that we do every year...enjoying every minute of it! I love my family and I love sharing this day with them! I'm never disappointed!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Love it!!! Much better pictures of me this year. haha Anyway yes I totally enjoyed "sistership" last night and I too love to escape my world and enjoy twilight and hsm3!!! Love ya!

Samantha said...

my ticker is added!! Check Check