Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Great Day for Miss Cydnee Magoo!

Yesterday, very early in the morning I woke up, and wrapped Cydnee's present that I was going to give her before breakfast. When she woke up...which was right on time mind you, I let her open it right away. It was two new school uniform/outfits, and she was really excited to have something new to wear today. While she was getting dressed I made her a special breakfast which she was so excited about! I love the way she thinks. It's very much the way I think, and no, that's not why I love her thinking, it's just that, it shows that some of the good things I do, have rubbed off on her. For example, as I was making her eggs and fruit, I asked her to get out a plate. Well today was her special day, so she pulled out a nice dinner plate, with matching salad plate and bowl, to make lovely breakfast setting! So silly! I had to giggle to myself!
After school we had her all but convinced that we weren't going to be doing anything for her birthday. At one point I even had buying that she was babysitting Jaxon while the rest of us went out! She didn't like that at all! We wanted the restaurant location to be a surprise, along with her birthday cake, etc. I think we did a good job at pulling it off. Even Jaxon was in on it, and I was amazed at his ability to keep a secret all afternoon, and even through dinner!As soon I had picked Jaxon up from school we headed out to finish up the last minute touches to the day. I wanted Jaxon to pick out his own present for Cyd. And it was so cute what he found for her. Cydnee LOVES LOVES LOVES monkeys, and Jaxon keyed right in on this cute plush set of monkeys that hug one another, kiss, and say, "I LOVE YOU!" Then even cuter was that he saw this Toblerone box that looked like a red rose and he wanted to "get his sister this beautiful red flower!" Couldn't deprive him of that! We then went and picked up Cyd's birthday cake. When Jaxon saw that it was a HSM3 cake he screamed, "Oh she's gonna LOVE that!" When we arrived home, Jaxon helped me put together all her gift bags. And may I say how impressed I was. I would hand him the tissue paper and tell him exactly where it should go in the bag and he would place it in the bag very gently. Then in then end fluff it up the way I always do! HA HA HA! Again, the good that I'm teaching my kids! He kept asking me, "Mommy, did I do such a good job on the presents?" Yep you sure did kiddo!

So for dinner we decided to take Cyd to this new Brazilian Steakhouse. She had never been to something like that before. She was completely surprised, and very excited to see that Sammy, Lamar, and Hayley had all come to join us as well! Dinner was fantastic! We all ate and ate and ate. Even Jaxon got into the whole meat concept! Jaxon knew that he had to eat really good in order to cake and ice cream later, and I've never seen a kid love birthday cake the way he does. Cyd had left the table to go to the salad bar and Jaxon started squealing about how excited he was to eat the birthday cake. I quickly looked at him and said, "We don't have any cake!" He gave me the most incredulous look and said, "UH yeah you do mom, I saw you buy it and hide it in the refrigerator!" Nothing getting past him. So we quickly told him we wanted it to be a surprise, and the cute kid didn't say another word until we got home!









After dinner we all came back to the house and surprised Cyd with her HSM3 cake and her presents. I think this was my favorite part of the whole evening. Jaxon was killing me with how cute he was being for Cyd. He was SOOOOOO excited for her to see her presents and her cake. He was giddy and jumping all over the place! We let him give her his present first. What an adorable interaction. He watched her with such anticipation and when she opened up he started jumping up and down with excitement telling her how to make the monkeys kiss. The best part was the big hug at the end!









Cyd loved all her presents! Mel and the girls gave her a complete set of real sketch-art-books, charcoal pencils, and all this other stuff she needs to work on her artwork. It's something that Cyd loves to do, and it's something that the four of them all have in common and work on together. So that makes me really happy! Chris gave her this Dance game she's been wanting for her DS so she was thrilled by that. And I surprised her with a Mommy/Daughter night-out-on-the-town complete with dinner and tickets to see "Phantom" at the Hale Centre Theatre! She freaked out! We get to go in a month! I really enjoy getting to take her to plays there. And I love that she loves it as much as I do!

So now, it's onto Chris' birthday this Friday the 13th (I wonder how many of those he's had in his life time???) and of course Valentines Day! Can't wait!

3 comments:

Tiffiny said...

What a great day. Happy birthday Cydnee!

Janalee Hubbard said...

Natalee-
Reading your blog and hearing all the fun things you did for Cydnee's birthday reminds me of all the reasons I loved you in high school! You have a knack for celebrating the small things and making things extra fun! I'm sure you are a fantastic mom.

And how lucky are you that you married a Pastry Chef?!?!? I would be in heaven! Making wedding cakes is a true talent, one I don't have.

I tagged you because I want to hear more about you. Check out my blog.

Kym Frankowski said...

Sounds so great! Happy bday Cyd! Dang you have cute kids. And you have definately trained them well :)