Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Cydnee!!!!

Wow! Wow! Wow! I cannot believe that I have an 11-year old! I thought turning 36 this year was difficult for me, this is worse. I am feeling really old. Yah, not liking this year so far! :-)

So my little Monkee (spelled that way on purpose) was born 11 years ago, just over six weeks early! Man was that an awful pregnancy! I was hit with kidney stones at about 30-weeks, and had to have a stint placed in my kidney as a result of the stones. We were lucky to get her to wait another month before she came. And even then, things didn't go as planned and we ended up having her c-section. I remember that my mom and Steve's mom were both there in the operating room, and there were two things that happened that kept me from slipping into unconscienceness. The first was my mother exclaiming as my doctor was cutting open my stomach that "My goodness Natalee, they are gutting you like a pig!" Nice mom! And the second would be that when the doctor broke through my water, it squirt out like a fountain and he joked that maybe it was a boy. Once again, the grandmas started screaming that they hoped not as they just decorated the entire nursery Pink! But truly, all kidding aside, what I remember most was the doctor holding Cydnee over the screen for me to see her little face for the first time. She was so tiny. Only 5 lbs 4 oz! She was our little angel...still is!


From the minute Cyd came home, on Valentine's Day, I have played dress-up with her. It's no surprise to anyone that she is the girly-girl that she is today. But if I was only to be blessed with one little girl, then I was going to have my girly-girl! It's great that we share a love for shoes, jewelry, purses, the color pink, and bling!

Cydnee has the biggest smile, and loves helping people around her. Well let me clarify, she loves helping people around her...outside of the home! HE HE HE! She loves her family, most days! And she loves her friends! Cydnee has a great talent for artwork! She enjoys creating new projects and I love it when she makes me new cards and gifts! Cydnee has just started taking dance again, and is loving that immensely. She is even going to be doing her first solo performance and competition! Go Cyd!

I love that Cydnee has learned to love all holidays and birthdays and these things are a big deal to her. I know that she will make them a big deal for her children some day! At midnight I snuck into Cyd's room and woke her up, just to wish her a "Happy Birthday!" She was so cute! She grabbed my neck and gave me big kiss, half asleep of course and thanked me for not forgetting! - I had been teasing her all evening that I didn't know what we were doing tomorrow other than normal Monday stuff!!!!

Mommy didn't forget Cyd! We have a whole day planned for you! We love you so much...and are so happy you are a part of our family!
Happy 11th Birthday Monkee-Girl!




No comments: