Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Cuz I Ain't Too Sick To Blog!

*Fortunately all I'm doing is adding pics and hitting post! I started this post on Sunday, but I have been sick ever since.

This past weekend was Cydnee's first ever Dance Competition. She competed in four different categories: Lyrical Solo, Lyrical Team, Jazz Team, Hip-Hop Team. The event went for two VERY long days and was held down in Spanish Fork! Because of the length of the competition, Cyd and I decided to stay overnight in a hotel close by! Good thing we did. Abbie and Kira stayed with us as well, which made it even more fun! Kira is in the same dance company, along with her niece Sara, and because of it, we hung out with the Schultz/Ferre families for two days! Loads of fun!
Friday night were the Solo competitions! I was a nervous wreck!!!! I seriously almost threw-up waiting for Cyd to come on stage. Sara had already performed her Solo and did FANTASTIC. So we were all in the auditorium to watch Cyd. She was the last dance of the night! Cyd was so nervous, but she did soooo well! She made a small mistake at the end, but only her coach and I knew it. She was pretty upset. But her sadness went away once we got to the Awards Ceremony. Our entire team did awesome! Sara earned one of the five Queen Awards! We had one other 1st Place, 4th Place, and Miss Cydnee...she took 3rd in her category!!!! I was so proud of her and so very excited! The excitement of winning all these awards pumped the girls up for the next day!
Saturday morning, 6:00 a.m. came REALLY fast! We spent close to an hour getting Kira and Cyd all dolled up for their big day. Kira had 5 team events, and Cyd had her remaining three team events! They both did so well! We were all very proud parents. Cyd's team took 1st, 2nd, and 4th!!!! Not bad for the first competition of the year!
I of course could not blog about a dance competition, and not mention the Crazy, close to Psychotic MOTHERS of these competitions! There were some mom's there that I couldn't tell who was more dressed up, them or their daughters. I think I have a pretty smart and strong sense of style, but I am telling you all right here and now, that I will NEVER be a Pagent Mom! These women are over-the-top! Seriously???? Seriously!!!!! Sara's mom, Amy, and a few other moms from our group tried to warn me about these women...but it took some seeing to believe! Pure craziness I tell ya!
Cyd has two more competitions over the next two months. I am excited, but also, glad that I will be better prepared for the next one!



***Though my sister will say I have added this comment ONLY because she said something...it's just not true. I meant to give props to my awesome Brother-n-Law, Lamar, for the below photos. Check-out his Photography Blog and services at http://www.whitehorsephoto.blogspot.com/***





2 comments:

Janalee Hubbard said...

I bet that is really nerve-wracking when it's a competition like that! (Between the girls AND the pageant moms!) How exciting for you guys! She looks beautiful.

Samantha said...

Oh Dang doesn't even give credit to Lamar for the pics he took! :)