Saturday, March 7, 2009

I CAN do Some Crafty Things!

Don't fall over dead...I actually worked on a craft project, AND it turned out pretty darn cute! Shocker! I know!
Jaxon's Pre-K program has been doing an amazing job of teaching the kids their alphabet, numbers, all the sounds associated with each, and they are even reading now! A great friend of mine had put together a wonderful little book for her daughter that had all the letters of the alphabet and the numbers 1-10. She decorated it with a cute paper doll figure that represented her daughter, and then every page had corresponding stickers or pictures. I loved it so much and thought "I can do this!"
So I headed to Office Max and Roberts, and three hours later (finding alphabet word stickers isn't as easy as it sounds!), I was home and putting Jaxon's little book together! It took me the better part of the afternoon to complete it and I am very pleased with the outcome!
Jaxon was so excited to have his own book! He even took it to school the next day to show Mrs. Miller! I love that he loves it, and I actually had a great time doing it! Who would've thought?!?










3 comments:

Janalee Hubbard said...

Very nice. Way to go! I really enjoy your blog- such interesting things to read about! I just read your "O" inspiration and you motivated me to complete the cycle!!! (As I sit at my computer desk with piles of paper askew all around me!) I struggle with that one every day and want very badly to change that habit. I may go out and buy that copy!

Jodi said...

Way to go...crafty momma! I think it is super sweet that Jaxson loved the book and took it to school to show it off! That makes it all worth it, huh?

*Loved your inspiring thoughts from Oprah's magazine :)

Tiffiny said...

Yikes! I better get on the ball, Nat is outdoing me! Seriously, good for you! That is so cool that you made that and Jaxon enjoys it so much. Looks like too much work for me at this point though!