Thursday, March 19, 2009

Me x Five!!!! - Item #1

So one of my closest friends started her own creative twist on the "Tell-us-a-bunch-of-things-about-you" surveys by listing five "ME" attributes about herself. If you responded to her post, she would then respond with the five attributes that she most commonly associated with you, and your assignment was to then discuss those five attributes about yourself. I of course always find it fun and interesting to see what others think about you or associate with you, so I definitely responded.

Over the next several days I'm going to post the five requested topics/attributes that my friend made to me.

I would love to keep this string going, so PLEASE drop me a quick comment and I'll return your comment with the five things I would love to hear more about you!

It will be of no surprise to any of you that the first association listed from my friend was "TWILIGHT." Hey, I'm not ashamed, and I embrace my PASSION for my Edward and this fantastic guilty pleasure!

(I mean seriously...who doesn't want to love that all life long????)


I have written before, hundreds of times about Twilight and all things related to it, and I even believe I mentioned in one of my posts how many wonderful opportunities this little hobby of mine has brought to my life in the past year and a half! I have my kindred sistership to thank for pushing me to read the series. Hayley had already devoured the first three books, and it was still more than a year out before the forth and final book was to be released. She had been crazy obsessed with the first three books, and for someone who never was a reader prior to these books, it was just nuts that she had become the reading fiend that she was. Admittingly, I was adamantly against reading books having to do with Vampires. I had been tricked before by my dear sistership when it came to non-scary movies, and I figured she was pulling the same ol' trick with me again.


It is true that I am the BIGGEST scaredy cat on the planet. I sincerely cannot separate reality from fiction. It is all so real to me and all scary things will haunt me, literally, for years! Reference here my sick and twisted haunted life with Samara from "The Ring!" That evil little well-dwelling girl will NOT get out of my bedroom! So needless to say I was not about to expose myself to a 400 page book about Vampires. In my mind I was envisioning Ann Rice's vampires or the really scary ones that existed in that horrific film....Oh crap, can't remember the name of it now, but it is a really old flick and I watched as a very young child and it scared the dickens out of me. Anyway, Hayley persisted and persisted and swore on the lives of my children that I would not be scared and that I would absolutely be in love with this Vampire Love story.


Good Heavens was she right! And there are many of you in my Coven that I gave the same line too, and you to came around! So truly, once I started Twilight, there was no stopping, and luckily I only had a few months to wait for Breaking Dawn to be released. Plenty of time to reread each book twice, Eclipse I read three times actually, AND I listened to the audio narration of each novel twice! I am a huge fan of the Audio versions. They received mixed reviews, but I loved them! Loved the narrator, and I loved Breaking Dawn with the Jacob narrator coming into the picture.


Once Edward sunk his teeth into my mind, heart, and soul, there was no turning back! My passion, note I'm not saying Obsession because I think that word has a negative connotation, and there isn't anything negative about my PASSION for Edward, has brought so many enjoyable times to my life. And surprisingly, I have found that this love has awakened some personal attributes that I didn't know existed. My love of Vampire novels has grown immensely. Grant it, I'm still quite choosy, making sure I'm not getting myself into some Steven King time horror story, but I have found some incredibly awesome books. None of which come close to the Twilight Saga, but are great entertainment nonetheless!

This love of Twilight has brought out a crazy fashion sense in me that didn't exist before, and I am loving it! I have also found inspiration in the book covers in decorating my bedroom. Great fun!

All in all, I look forward to the future when I get to look back on all these years of this Twilight Saga and say that I was one of those who loved it, embraced it, lived it! Call me crazy...I don't care!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

You are so fun! This 'Me x 5' is a cool idea.
I love how you describe your passion for Twilight and Edward. I, too, was skeptical about reading books about vampires and was totally blown away once I got started. They were completely different than I expected! Can't wait for movie #2. Wish you lived closer and we could go together :)

Your comment on my blog about seeing me at my grooviest made me have some MAD flashbacks! Man...didn't we have some good times back in the day?!!

Love to you ;)

Janalee Hubbard said...

I love how passionate you are about this, I can tell you don't do anything half-way, you give yourself completely!! I agree Edward is quite the hottie. Now I want you to post a picture of your bedroom so we can see the Twilight decor!

Janalee Hubbard said...

Hey I made a post just for you, come check it out . . . .

Tiffiny said...

Crazy!