Monday, August 4, 2008

Breaking Dawn Premiere - No Spoilers...I PROMISE

So out of respect for everyone that has not received their Pre-Ordered copy of "Breaking Dawn", this post will not have any comments or opinions of the book from me! What I wanted to do though was share the pics from the "Breaking Dawn" premiere party at Barnes & Noble. Also, I'm still not quite finished, so I will reserve my review/comments for later...not much later...but definitely later! He He He

Friday night was completely entertaining and lived up to all the hype. There were easily over 2000 people at the Barnes & Noble and I would say a fair percentage of those people were dressed for the "wedding celebration" of Edward & Bella. It was a hoot! 101.9, The End, was there, along with a local news crew! Also, parked out front of the store was Edward's & Bella's honeymoon get-away car!



Inside the store there were numerous wedding reception activities taking place, most of which were impossible to get to due to the store being packed with people, wall-to-wall. I'm pretty sure the capacity of the store was exceeded and we were all trapped in an extreme Fire code violation! At 11:00 p.m. everyone in the store was kicked out and the line was formed to receive our books! The line was as long as the entire mall strip and groups of anxiously awaiting Twilighters were placed in groups of 25! My friends and I were in group 376-400! Ahem...

At the stroke of Midnight, which took FOREVER to come, the entire crowd went crazy, screaming and hollering! At 12:01 a.m. the doors were reopened and the first 50 people were allowed back in the store. With police tape and security guards guarding the doors, everyone left in line, waited for the first group to appear with their books in hand! And that they did...about 10 minutes later, the first group of buyers ran the length of the line waving their books in the air. More screaming and hollering ensued! It was awesome.



Thankfully the line to get in the store moved MUCH quicker than the line to get the wristbands earlier that morning! Whew! It was very hot outside, crowded, and finally reaching the inside of the store again was a great relief! The store was handing out Twilight themed stickers and we quickly moved to our place at the front of the line! Behind the counter there were hundreds of boxes that went from floor to ceiling, and workers busting them open at lightening speed! It was awesome! I grabbed my stack of reserved books and the gang and I headed out of the store!






It was a total blast! And that is it for now...I'm going to get back to the last little bit that I have left. I will say that I'm sad it is going by as quickly as it is. I think I am purposefully not finishing it as quickly as I could just to stretch this out as long as I can!

If by some really ridiculous reason that you don't already have a copy purchased or in the mail coming to you...GET TO IT ALREADY! We have much to talk about!

TTFN!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the new layout.

And that event looks like a blast. :)

Jodi said...

WOW...that is quite a par-TAY! We didn't have nearly as many people in Oregon at midnight but it was still fun. We had wristband #58 so we were in and out. Nice! How did you like the book? I have been hearing mixed reviews but personally I liked it and felt satisfied with the result. There would have been a few things I may have changed a bit...but hey, it wasn't MY story to tell. Hope you liked it.