Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Wow, did this past week fly by or what? I can't believe how incredibly busy this week has been for me! But that is a good thing because the week is now nearly over and the long holiday weekend is upon us...WOO HOO! Hope you all have some great plans for the last hooray of the summer!

Here's my list for the week:


#1) New Opportunities - Last night I held my first "Spa Escape" and it was a total blast. I knew that I was going to enjoy doing this little business on the side, I just didn't realize how much! It is so rewarding having friends and loved ones come to your home and provide spa services to them and help bring relaxation and a healthier lifestyle to their world. I can't wait to keep sharing with others and watch this business grow! I was really nervous about venturing out and trying something like this, but I am really thankful that I have trusted my love for this type of product and service and have decided to go for it!


#2) New School(s)/Year- I love this time of year. It's always so exciting getting ready for the new school year! Finding out who your new teacher will be! Finding out what kids you will have in your classes! All the new school supplies and school clothes! This year both Cydnee and Jaxon are going to brand NEW schools, Cydnee a new Charter school, and Jaxon a new Private school and I am so excited! We went to Back-to-School Night for Cydnee tonight and it was so great to see this brand new, beautiful building and meet all the wonderful administrators and teachers. I am so thankful that both of the kids are going to be in solid education programs and great positive environments. And they both have to wear uniforms! YES! No more fighting with Cydnee on what to wear every morning! Thank you! Jaxon is going to be adorable!





#3) New Beginnings - Chris and I started our couple's therapy today! Any of you who know even a glimpse of our lives know what a messed up situation we are always in, and the years of trials just keep taking their toll on us. Not that we are worse off than any other couple, but we do have our share of unique trials. Either way, I'm thankful that we are taking some steps to help us work on our relationship and our communication and find better ways to deal with these trials. I'm thankful to be moving in a positive direction for once.





#4) New Prescription - This one is a doubled-edged sword. I had to go back on my migraine meds this week. I tried for the past two months to go without, hoping that I had grown out of the need to have them, but no such luck. I couldn't take the pain any longer. So I'm thankful to have the pain subsiding...but sad to feel that there is no end in sight to my dependency on medicine for these awful headaches.




#5) New Laptop - This was the best part of my entire week! The time finally came that I had to purchase a new laptop for all my personal usage! And I am soooo excited! This baby is Sick! Another reason for me to be thankful that it's the weekend...more time to play with my new baby! YES!


1 comment:

Jodi said...

*Your 'Spa Escape' sounds heavenly! I only wish I lived closer and could take advantage of your new opportunity ;)
*Ben starts school in about a week. A kindergartener...I can hardly believe it. He is going to a small little charter school with uniforms. Yay for less complicated mornings!
*Good luck with couple's therapy!