Sunday, August 10, 2008

Singing in the Rain!!!


This weekend has brought about some wonderful thunder, lightening and rain storms! Much needed moisture in this hot desert valley! It took me until early evening on Saturday to travel home from Atlanta...Yuck! So naturally, I was beat and not up for doing much of anything! And fortunately the rain storms outside were providing me the perfect environment to do just that. Don't you just love those days when you can just remove yourself temporarily from the world and just STOP and listen and watch the rain outside??? Well I do!




The storms continued most of the early evening but then let up. Based on the storms that came later in the evening, this must have been the "Calm before the REAL Storm!" Chris had left Jaxon and I for the evening to go look for a car, and that's when the storms started brewing. However this time, Jaxon and I decided to go outside and watch.



I've spoken of the Grand view we have from our front porch, so we are always in great position to watch the storms roll in and out of the Salt Lake Valley. The thunder was loud and the rain heavy and Jaxon and I were having a blast watch it all take place! As the sun set that is when the real lightening show began. Jaxon and I curled up on our lounge chairs, brought out our individual books that we were reading, popped some popcorn and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves in the rain! Jaxon screamed with Excitement every time the skies lit up with lightening! Also, whenever Jaxon is happy and content with the activity at hand, it comes with plenty of "Thank you Mommy for watching the rain with me!" type of comments. Or, "I love you so so big so much in the Rain Mommy!"


Today, while at church another storm came barreling in. You could hear the rain pouring down outside. As I was leaving to head home, I interrupted a very "studious" and "serious" lesson with a group of the most adorable 2 & 3-Year Old Nursery kids! Their teachers were letting them stick their hands out in the rain to feel the drops flowing down! They were squealing with delight. But not nearly as loud as when they told me that I was going to get "BERRY WET!" I said to them all, "You're sooo right!" and I ran out and stood in the middle of the parking lot letting the rain pour on me! They all laughed and laughed...and so did I.


It feels good to see the world through our children's eyes...and this long weekend of rain and fun was just the medicine I had been needing!!!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Wish I could read the dark blue but no such luck. I love a good thunder and lightning storm (when I am inside, of course) I love little kid's they always remind us it is the little things that are the most important and fun!

Mel Dawn said...

Ahhh, the rain is my favorite! I would give anything for a good rainstorm right now. The weather is sooo hot right now. It reached 103 today...ugh. Miss ya.