Monday, June 9, 2008

Friendship is Healing

“No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other's worth.”~ Robert Southey





So this past weekend started out pretty rough. I received some less than happy news from close friend of mine that just left me rather down and sad all day on Friday. Of course it didn't help at all that I was extremely sleep deprived (going on 5 days) so my emotions were pretty high. Then later that night as I was about to call it a early evening (as Chris was on a rare Boys-Nite-Out), Jaxon decided to get the stomach flu! So much for trying to sleep! Night # 6 here we go! Poor guy, he was up every 30-minutes! I truly don't know who was in more pain, him or me. But by the morning when he finally stopped, I was in tears from exhaustion. To say the least, the weekend was not starting out so well.


How glad I was that a very dear friend of mine reached out and presented a day full of distractions for me. Otherwise, I think I would have just sat around, tired and allowed my exhaustion and all the worries of my LIFE (yeah, you know those days) overcome me! Instead, I packed up the kids and met my friend and we went to see "Kung Fu Panda!" Which, may I add, was a FANTASTIC show! But the fun did not end after the show. We ended up spending the entire day and night together!


We all met back up at my house where the kids spent the entire evening running around driving us crazy as usual. Chris made us a wonderful breakfast dinner. And then we proceeded to partake in a duel of Guitar Hero! It was an absolute blast!


It may seem just like no big deal of a day, but for me it was some pretty incredible medicine for MY soul. I've had a empty and large hole in my heart for this dear friend for several years now, and being one who doesn't heal so easily, it feels so good to patch this hole up.
(the only way out is through) Love you!

1 comment:

Mel Dawn said...

I think we have both needed a patch on our soul! I have missed you dearly and am so glad to have you back in my life! I love you!