Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thankful Thursday's

This week, although busy and crazy as usual with work, has been actually a bit of a "down-time" week for me; and it's been really nice. Nice that I've actually had some quality time to offer and share and accomplish some "me" things. And for that, and these five things, I've been very thankful for this week:



1) Quiet, Summer Nights - We have a great view of the valley from our front porch. And for the first time since we moved in, I've actually spent time out on my porch this week. In the evenings, after the kids have gone down, I've popped in some music on my computer, opened up the office window to the porch, and have just enjoyed myself sitting back and just thinking.






2) Quality Kid Time - It's a rare occasion that I get to have time with my three kids alone. So I was so thankful to spend an evening picking up some Pizza and playing at the park one evening. I love watching them play and show me all their tricks. And of course, I loved sitting on a park bench with Cydnee, who is growing up so fast, and well just chose to sit and chat with her mom.







3) Long Chats with Old and Far-Away Friends - Catching-up and going down memory lane with friends you love is always good for the Soul.







4) My Weekly "Fix" - Although I had to wait a bit longer this week than usual, the latest chapter to "Sacrafices" - my favorite Twilight FanFic has been one of the best chapters yet! Did I mention that I love Edward? Oh and Bella too? But Edward, really? Love him!





5) "Just saying it like it is" - It's a motto I'm really trying to live by. But this week, I've been particularily thankful for a few great colleagues for being there for me and doing just that!




No comments: