Monday, June 23, 2008

What a Weekend!

Just coming off what was one heck of a jam-packed weekend! I don't remember the last time that my entire weekend was spent with my extended family! It was a great and welcome break from a long and crazy-CRAZY work week in Atlanta! It was just what the doctor ordered!


I do want to take just one short minute though to talk about my big Trade Show on Friday in Atlanta. For all my IHG family in Atlanta reading, most of them will already know what I'm talking about! And in fact, most of them probably have some part in the success of this day. The Government initiative project that I've been working on for nearly a year now is coming down the wire and we held a large Trade Show for IHG's AOC (America's Operating Committee) on Friday to show them what we have accomplished, and well to show them where all their money was going! And it was a HUGE success! I was so excited. And I couldn't have done it without the help of my FABULOUS PAL team and all my friends! I especially have to thank Jennifer who painstakingly stayed with me at Kinko’s while we had to completely redo my display board because the original board was done completely wrong! So here are a few pics of how the day looked, and Thanks again to everyone for putting up with me all the time and making my trips back to Atlanta so worth while! I love you guys!






Now, back to this weekend! As soon as got off the plane Saturday afternoon, I grabbed a Taxi (COMPLETELY different experience in Utah vs. a city where these guys actually do this for a full-time job!) and headed to Jr's baseball game! How exciting to have Dave playing again! But more exciting (sorry Dave) was getting to hang out with my Jaxon, and my little Kalli and Riley! It was 97 Degrees outside and we were just trying to make it through the long hot game! So I decided to share my "expert" digital photo taking skills and teach the kids how to use the camera. Wow, did we get some fun shots or what! We got to spend the entire day with our cousins and of course Jaxon loved having his "best friends" with him!







Sunday was a really wonderful day. We started the day by attending church with my parents and all my siblings. My dad has just been given an opportunity to serve in what is considered an important role within our church and we are all so proud of him. He was so nervous and of course so humbled. I love my dad! I know how unworthy he feels of such a position, but I couldn't think of anyone better. My dad is the greatest and I don't know where I would be without him in my life! I love you dad!





After we got to go to a Johnson Family gathering to welcome home our cousin's eldest son who just returned from London, England! What a fun day! Family had come in from out of state and from far away cities, and it was a blast seeing everyone again. We sat around listening to my cousin talk about his 20-year H.S. reunion stories and I have all but decided that any thought of ever going to mine is now gone. I have no desire to show up only to be judged by everyone about how I look, what my kids look like compared to someone else’s, and who has what career or lack of! Don't we get enough of that on a daily basis! HA! Yeah, I think I'm not going to make mine! Not like it's tomorrow or anything...but WHEN it comes up! I'm not going! :-)





All in all, I love sitting around with my cousins and I love hearing about their lives and what's going on in their worlds. It's just a nice escape! And an awful lot of good laughs! And who doesn't need that every once in a while!



So Happy Monday everyone! Have a great week!

No comments: