Monday, June 16, 2008

The Power of Girl Talk



I don't know if it's just me or not, but I find it interesting the power of "Girl Talk" on our lives. In so many aspects and on so many levels does the power of what someone can say to you have such an overwhelming and lasting impression. It's funny because today at my office in Atlanta everywhere, and I mean everywhere I went there were pregnant women. And I found out today that THREE women that I work with regularly are pregnant and all due at the same time! So of course that was the talk of the day, and it of course reminds me of Jaxon asking me just this past weekend, despite me being 2 lbs away from a very large weight loss goal, if I have another baby in MY tummy! "No sweetie, that's STILL just left over from YOU, and your brother and sister! But thanks for asking!" Anyway, my point here being that words can have lasting impressions!


However, for the purpose of this post, the words I'm focusing on are those bundled up and found within those "girl talk" chats, accidental meetings in the hall-ways or at the store, planned GNOs, glorified text messaging, and of course blogging! I think they actually write books about this now. I'm pretty sure the "Today Show" did a feature about BFFs, and the power of "girl talk" and how therapeutic it is for women, etc. Our husbands, boyfriends, dads, whatevers, they never seem to get it, or maybe just don't want to get it, but nonetheless, don't get it. But it really isn't about Not loving them! Nor is it about Not wanting to be with them. Nor is it about Not wanting to Not communicate with them. There is just something about being able to talk with your BFFs and Sisterships that seems to work.



For the past several weeks, this past week especially, I have found myself in multiple conversations, or "girl talks" where the girlfriend I was speaking to thought that I was helping and listening to them. But in actuality, just having them reaching out to me and allowing me to be a part of their world was so good for me, that it helped me more than they realized. I don't think we realize a lot of the times how even the smallest contact can help someone out. That's why I love this modern technology stuff! I love getting texts from people. It could be completely insignificant info, but it means the world to me. I love postings to my blog. Again, it may seem like some small nothing to you, but it means mounds to me. I just spent the evening with a close friend just gabbing the night away. Best therapy I've had all week! And to end the night I chatted with Bestest Best Friend Cydnee...nothing sweeter than keeping in touch with your daughters and becoming their friends at the same time!

So Thanks BFF's for all the chats! Thanks for all the silly text messages on book updates. Thanks for all the Twilight indulgences! Thanks for being my friend! And if you're reading this..then you know who you are! Hugs!

No comments: