Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?

Today was Cydnee's first day at her new school, Providence Hall. She was so excited. She woke up 30 minutes before her alarm went off, and was dressed in her uniform in less than three minutes time! She looked absolutely adorable. It was a chilly morning, but bright and sunny, just like her!




Jaxon and I went through our day as usual, but he did notice that she wasn't around. I explained that it was time to go back to school and he immediately ran and grabbed his brand new Cars "Pack-pack" and was ready to go. Sadly I had to explain that he still had one week to go before he got to start his school year!

When it was time to go pick-up Cydnee we headed down the street to be surprised to see her already half-way there! Come to find out they decided to let the "walkers" out before the "carpoolers!" However, we turned around and went right back to the school to get more pictures and to turn in some paperwork. The pick-up system that the school had come up with was NOT working out at all. There were cars lined up for blocks and very angry parents! I felt bad for the Principle and all the teachers. It was a seriously flawed idea, and you could tell that they were very stressed, as were all the parents and kids. Cydnee and I were very thankful that we lived just a block or so away!



I still can't believe that I have a 5th Grader! I remember when I was a 5th Grader! That was right before they moved 6th grade back into Elementary school! So we ruled the school! 5th Graders were the oldest, the most experienced...we were pre-MIDDLE SCHOOLERS! Oh yeah! Oh NO! As we were eating dinner tonight and we were listening to Cydnee retell the stories of the day, jumping from one subject to the next, sounding so pre-teenish, I felt really old! But I'm not old...right? Of course not! Crap, I started out this blog feeling really happy and all excited, and now I'm just depressed! Wait...No, I'm letting that Go.... Let the bad thoughts Go Nat....Deep breath in...Deep breath out....


Thanks for indulging me in that minor breakdown! :-) Now where was I? Oh yeah, Cydnee, I am really proud of her. She started learning Spanish today! I feel a bit inclined to do so with her since I know for the next two years she will be doing the same. Nah...I'll let her Pseudo Aunt Cindy take care of that! Anyway, the curriculum at the school is really great, and I am very pleased with Cydnee's teacher and her creative ideas and plans for the year. I believe it's going to be a great one!



Well I better be off and get Cyd's lunch ready for tomorrow! TTFN!

7 comments:

Mel Dawn said...

She is so dang cute! I can't believe how grown up she looks! It seems like just yesterday she was just a little squirt! She is as adorable as ever!

Anonymous said...

Oh my lord, 5th grade!!! I can't believe it either. I remember when she was a toddler! Seriously.

And those pictures are adorable. I love her uniforms. Too cute!! Her school looks really nice.

Samantha said...

:o( I don't like this anymore! Just yesterday I was cleaning up her throw up cause of her reflex (whatever it is called) I'm totally stop...Can they all just stop growing up on me!! She is getting older Nat....:o( Looks like a great school!! (I'm still sad)

Natalee said...

I know...Now you guys have made me even more sad also! Crap!

justjill said...

A 5th grader! Wait, aren't we just barely out of 5th grade? How did this happen?

Jodi said...

What a darling girl you have, Natalie! I hope she loves her new school and the year goes smoothly!

Brittany said...

She is growing up way to quickly, I am so glad she had a great day at school. Hope you have a fabulous year Cyd, we love you!!