Monday, September 8, 2008

Thankful Monday this Week...for LAST Week!

Yep, Late again, but I guess it was worth it. It's been one busy week and weekend for me so that's why I completely missed out on my Thankful Thursday last week! But I'm getting to it now. I had a great weekend, even though I've ended it with the beginnings of a terrible cold. Hopefully I will kick it before it gets much worse! So typical of this time of year and the change in the weather! And truly, I can't afford to get sick the next three weeks, so Vitamin C and I are going to be best friends! Anyway, back to the subject at hands, my thankful items/subjects of the week!

#1 - My New Luggage! Yippee! Now I know most of you are thinking what is so cool about that, and why I would be so thankful for luggage, but you must also if you are thinking that, than you must have also forgotten how much I have to travel! And Delta is NOT kind to luggage! They have destroyed my luggage and I desperately needed some new bags. This will be my third set in three years and I have FINALLY learned my lesson in economy and quality! My prior two sets have been Large, HEAVY, Light colored, easily soiled, and EXPENSIVE, and of course easily destroyed. This set, I got through my sis who works through OGIO and she got me the CUTEST set that is dark, Durable, Light, and the best part a fraction of the cost of my other sets! I'm sooooo excited! Thanks Hayley! I love your face!






#2 - Date Night! Yeah, Not what you all are thinking. This date night that I'm thankful for was with my Pookie! My little Jaxon! Friday night Chris had to work late, so Jaxon and I got all spiffied up and off to the movies we went. I let Jaxon pick the show so he picked "Star Wars, The Clone Wars!" We grabbed our treats and Popcorn, he held onto our tickets and off we went! I don't know what all the hype was all about. I thought it was a great show. And Jaxon was in a trance the entire time! We were both thoroughly entertained! It was an awesome date night!


#3 - Organization! This weekend was all about organization! On Saturday morning, Jaxon and I got up early, did our chores together and then we headed off to Target and IKEA for a long day of shopping and exploring for organizational ideas! By the end of the day I had purchased items to redo my closed and Cydnee's bedroom and her closet!!! This is a picture of the fabric boxes I am using in my closet. Well at least one type. There is a whole theme of course that goest along with it! And the green matches the sea grass green in my bathroom and bed room of course! Yippee!


#4 - Surprises! Cydnee had left for the weekend quite sad to be leaving to her dad's. So having decided to do up her room for her I worked most of the weekend on her room to make sure it was completed for her when she returned. We built her a new desk and chair. Added a new shelf for all her pictures. Divided her room with some cool Bright pink curtains. And I organized her closet. She was so excited when she came home and vowed that she would always keep it just as she found it!









#5 Feeling Accomplished! - I am butt tired from all this work this weekend, but I am so glad that I did all of it and I feel so accomplished for having completing it all in one weekend! Whew!

3 comments:

Samantha said...

I love it! I love it! I love it!!! And of course I love Cydnee! Great job on the room Nat (and dad for setting up the desk) I love it all and that is exactly what I would want if I were here age...even now! (shhh)

Anonymous said...

I love it all. Date night. Organizing. Kids rooms. My favorite topics. :)

Jodi said...

I, too, love to be organized but find it to be a more and more difficult job the more kids we have. UGH!
LOVE the room! The big pink polka dots are soooooooo cool :)