Sunday, September 28, 2008

My Last Thankful List of September!

I feel like it's been forever since my last post, but this past week at work pretty much took me out of all of normal life (more on that later). So here it is, the last "Thankful Thursday" list of September in all it's glory!




1) Fate and a Change of Flight! - So you all remember how I was so saddened about how I was going to miss Jaxon's first day of school???? Well, as luck, or fate would have it, I had to change my flight out to LA and the IHG Investors/Owners Conference, so I didn't have to leave until Monday morning. Which means, I was able to see Jaxon off Monday morning and see him before his first official day of Pre-K!!! I truly don't know who was more excited, him or me! Typical first day of fall here in Utah of course brought with it a horrific rain storm so we had to change-up and dress him in one of his warmer uniforms! I didn't mind all that much! He looked adorable and he couldn't wait to see his "Mssess. Millrer" again! And god bless these teachers and administrators for even trying to hold school in these circumstances. The new building is still not available, so they had to hold the first three days in pitched tents at the park next door. And the rest of the week they were able to secure the old school, move enough furniture back in, and that's where the kids will be until the end of next week. And Jaxon wouldn't know any different! Truly! He was oblivious! Chris said he loved every minute of every day! They even pulled off two field trips! Pretty impressive for a difficult first week! Kudos to his school!





2) Great Successes! I mentioned that work took me out of all normal life this past week. After 15 years with IHG, I attended my first ever annual Investors and Owners Conference in LA. Distribution Marketing had two large days planned, the usual trade show, but then my group had planned a one-day training workshop for about 60 hotels. This was held the day before the trade show. My team and I have been putting this together for the past three months and have put so many hours into this and had so much riding on it's success. We all arrived on Monday afternoon and began practicing that afternoon. We went all evening, again all day and evening Tuesday, and then Wednesday was our big day! It was a huge Smash! I was so thrilled with the outcome! We had all but 5 hotels show up and the participation and engagement was stellar! The feedback and reception from the hotels was more than we expected. It was awesome! The team was on a great high! We of course celebrated that night by taking the team to dinner at Roy's! Thursday was the trade show, and again, another HUGE success! So many hours of preparation and work paid off! We spoke to hundreds of hoteliers for about 10 hours non-stop and came away with far more success than we had expected! I don't remember being on my feet or walking as much as I did in that four days than I have in a very long time! And I am still recovering! But it was all worth it! And felt so awesome to see all of our work pay off in so many great ways!








3) Premiere Week!!!! Must See TV Week, National Stay Home Week, or just plain ol' best week of the year Week, however you want to label it, this is by far my favorite week of every year, and it absolutely was KILLING ME that I was in LA missing nearly ALL of it! THANK THE HEAVENS AND STARS above for DVR! I don't want to even relive the nightmarish days of VCR tapes and scheduled recording times, and having to be home to hit record, and only be able to "tape" ONE show at a time! Holy Hannah, how did we survive in such archaic times!

So, I could not be happier about having my DWTS back! But man, my Monday's are so full and complicated with that, Raising the Bar (TNT), and now the very BACK and HOT Heroes! Hello! So first seasonish! and Scary! Mr. Kring has got his groove back on! Mommie Dearest is a freak and someone has seriously got to do that girl in!
Biggest Loser Families...Love sitting on my couch watching those people losing weight! So inspiring! Oh wait, maybe I should put that one on the DVR in my work-out room! HA! And Law & Order, SVU! Hello! Love it! Luke Perry, what a rotten little man you turned out to be! Sick!
Americas Got Talent! I don't care how many of you think Hasselhoff is a freak, I agree, but the show rocks! And the finals were awesome! And I can't wait to see our sweet brothers from the Bronx win! BTW...back to DWTS since it was on three nights in a row, is anyone else bugged by Susan Lucci???? Is she always that weird???? Can we vote her off next? I love Maks!





Thursdays are my favorite day of the week with The Office...so stinking funny! Liposuction anyone? And poor Toby! Will that guy every get a break? And of course, Grey's Anatomy! HOTDREAMY! I could not be more happy about Uncle Sam, aka. LT. Hunt! Yeah, he was on NBC's Journeyman, but they cancelled that show, stupid suckers! But I guess we reap the benefits and I get see him live on in this role! Woo Hoo! Go Christina!








And next week there are more shows coming on...and well more to record through DVR! Oh my!

4) ER! This one gets it's own spot! I have watched this show for 14-years now. I can't say that I am thankful that this is it's last! I can't imagine not watching Thursday night ER! But I have absolutely loved this show! And as Chris is always saying, they are a part of my family because I have a difficult time separating fiction from reality! So to say the least, on the season opener and the death of Dr. Pratt, I nearly lost my mind! I have "HAD" to watch it three times now. Once in LA, once upon returning home with Chris and Cyd, and once with Abbie and Connor. All three times resulting in the same break-down! I don't think it's been that bad for me since Dr. Greene died of his brain tumor! Wow! Anyway, I am truly hoping the show's producers are not intending on putting me through this kind of emotional turmoil every show this last season! Nonetheless, I love it!




5) The Fall!!! This is my favorite time of year! And I am so excited it is finally here! I love the change in the air. The crispness in the air. I love the excitement in the air from the start of school. The changing of the color of leaves and the falling of those leaves! Halloween! Thanksgiving! All of it! This is the best time of the year! Hope you all are going to enjoy it as much as we are planning on to!



1 comment:

Jodi said...

The fall pictures with the leaves is priceless. It's also one of my favorite times of year...with all the anticipation of the upcoming holidays. I love it!